Facelift Disco controls

Hi,

I have recently got a 2004 facelift Disco Landmark, which unfortunately has come without either the Owner's Handbook or the radio code. I am trying to get both the code and handbook through my dealer, as until I get the code I can't fit my Discoparts cruise control kit (or if I do, I am guessing the radio won't work afterwards...), and the handbook would, I guess, answer my next question...

Most of the controls are straightforward, but the one puzzling me is the rear suspension button - the button with a picture of the vehicle with its rear up in the air and an arrow. If I am in Park, engine running, and press it, a light with the same symbol appears on the instrument panel whilst I am holding the button, and then goes off. If I hold it, the same light appears, and after a few seconds, I get a beeping sound. Nothing else appears to happen...am I missing something here?

Finally, the audio manual suggests pressing the settings button should cycle through bass, treble, balance, fader, and then spatial. Mine stops at fader, then goes back to bass, missing the spatial. It's got Premium ICE with the rear controls and sub in the back door. Again, any ideas?

Cheers, Steve.

Reply to
Steve L

You only really need to power down the airbag system so it doesn't go

*BANG*, not that it is likely to IMHO. Others far more knowledgeable than me may have a better opinion on that though... Pulling the right fuse(s) should do it. Disconnecting the battery will mean you need the radio code afterwards.

Get out(*) and look at the back end, you should see it rising... It's pretty slow but once up the gap between tyre and wheel arch is noticeably bigger. The light should also be flashing whilst it's boinging. Once up to "off road" height the boing will stop and the light stay on. Once you drive over about 10mph, perhaps a bit more, the light will start flashing again and the boing start as the system automaticaly lowers the back end.

(*) ISTR that there is some interlock with the doors. Like it won't rise if the doors are open or something. To damn clever by half...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hold button in with engine running and doors closed, dash light should flash steady and rear should raise by a couple of inches, that's what mine does. Pressing it again will make the light flash as it settles back down to its original ride height.

Mine is the same, never seen one through the workshop with spatial to see/hear any differences.

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

That's got it, thanks - was trying it with the door open to see if I could spot any movement! Steve.

Reply to
Steve L