Disco II strange noise

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any idea what my strange noise might be. It sounds like a power steering pump that has run very low on fluid but
it seems to be coming from underneath the car around the gearbox area. The car is an auto and drives as normal. The noise is most loudest at about 600rpm and disappears when you increase the revs. Its there when you drive or if you are parked.
Many thanks.....Simon.
simon wrote:

Low fluid in the transmission?
--
EMB

Is it fitted with ACE?
Could be low fluid or more likely signs of a knackered pump.
Or the long steel pipes resonating along the chassis
--
Marc Draper

writes

Hi Marc, I have now got a manual and I will investigate what you have suggested. Many thanks....Simon.