disco price

a member of another forum is looking at a r reg 300 tdi disco 10 months mot

6 month s tax been serviced and had the timing belts done ! millage 78k needs new tyres but has new alternator and fsh but has some rust .....seller is asking £3750 gave up my last landie 18 months ago and have lost touch with prices ! what do you think ?
Reply to
chris

Doesn't sound too stupid a price, but check ebay for what prices are actually fetching ... Autotrader prices, for instance, only show what people want to sell at, not what they actually sell at.

I'd suggest that though the price asked isn't stupid high, it could be lowered a bit, even if it were immaculate.

Reply to
Paul - xxx (mobile)

I think that price is a bit steep for a 10 year old disco, unless it's in exceptionally fine condition. Lowish mileage though and if it's looked after, it could give many years of useful service. Almost all 10 year old discos will have underbody corrosion issues (boot floor, sills, inner front wings, rear cross member) almost regardless of mileage, unless really thorough protection has been applied and maintained (waxoyled etc). I bought a 10 year old 300 Tdi 3 years ago and it's been the best vehicle I've ever had - still get a slight hardon whenever I get in the driving seat and I'm nearly 60 ;))!...k

Reply to
karangahape

Personally, I think that's over-priced even if it's an ES model. I=20 recently bought a 97 300Tdi ES auto for =A31000 less than that and looked= =20 at several others for around the =A32500 mark at that time. It would have= =20 to be pretty exceptional to get me to shell out that money.

Pretty well any 10year old Discovery will have some rust in the usual=20 places - it's no big deal.

--=20 Regards

Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

I've just got £4000 in px for a '97 Disco ES V8 Auto on LPG

The car was very very tidy, the garage who bought it had actually sold it to me a few years back and they knew the vehicle and it's keeper prior to me. It had also been to them for 2 x services in the time I had it apart from my own services from time to time.

I was buying a car of considerably higher value so that may have had an influence, also the fact that it was the third car I was buying from them.

They will of course be selling it for more but like I say , it's mint. As readers here will have observerd it was never abused off road or on.

In fact I just took a peek and here it is back on sale with a fair old mark up but thats the way it works,

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D