Toyota lexus alarm info needed

Anyone know about this scenario:

Came out to the Lexus (96 gs300) and found that the remote key fob had the operating light showing although no buttons were pressed ! Obviously it would not disarm the alarm. I opened the door and that set the alarm off, putting the key in would not shut down the alarm, but the engine started and after a few moments the alarm stopped and I drove home, as soon as I shut down, the alarm went again. I opened up the remote to disconnect its battery and on reassembly the light was out. Now it won't turn off the alarm/unlock or lock the doors. I have tried rescynchronising the fob to the car (press unlock button till the light flashes, then the lock button, all in close proximity to the centre console) but no joy, the alarm is active permanently.

Now, before I admit defeat and go, credit card in hand to a Lexus dealer, does anyone have any ideas on this one?

I have tried leaving the battery disconnected overnight, but the alarm goes on reconnection. As a temp bodge I have disconnected the sounder (remove the RH indicator to gain access) But the hazards still flash for thirty seconds or so each time you start it up. I have googled and looked on the owners club, but they seem to have had similar problems without any mention of a cure. I have been told that my mobile phone may have spiked the remote ?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful