disco tires

What causes sawtooth wear on the rear tire of disco 1. I have new shocks.The tire guy said the front toe was out a tenth on same side. Is that a big deal? Thanks

Reply to
PETER GROSSMAN

Seems like the rears tend to do that anyway.

Reply to
Peter

So it's not just me that suffers with it then. :¬)

Reply to
unknown

On or around Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:30:54 GMT, "PETER GROSSMAN" enlightened us thusly:

pressure? what pressure are you running?

in my book (not necessarily the official one) the 90/110/disco 1/classic rangie works nicely with the front tyres set parallel.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I find lower is better, I got a cracked windshield and I got that replaced. I got 2 new front tires $500 If I lower the pressure it will be more comfortable althiough the sticker sais 36 R 26F.

Peter

Many here will suggest that Land Rover's 28 psi front pressure (RRC and Disco 1) is too low leading to excessive edge wear.

I don't run mine at less than 32 psi on the front.

Reply to
Dougal

in

Absolutely, I've always run mine at about 35 psi all round, when you think about it, it's a damn sight heavier at the front (RRC)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:35:32 +0100, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

36 all round on 235/70R16 or 205R16 on discos here. I had one set of fronts which were never removed and wore dead level all the way to minimum tread depth, no edging at all.

slightly less on the fat (31x10.5R15) tyres on the 110, ISTR about 33.

more in the back ones for heavy weights, of course. Those figures are for running light.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

We generally run the Disco with a lot of weight in it (2 adults, two kids + 'stuff') so run at 38 all-round, unless we're going off-roading, green-laning when we drop to 34 ish all round. This is a 300 Tdi 3 door with BFG AT 31 x 10.5 R15s on. We're also regularly towing and taking the rears to 40 helps a lot. I want to offset this when I get a tuit by adding in uprated springs.

When I ran at the recommended PSI the handling was a tad vague, putting in the same PSI all round gave a much better feel and balance. TBH, we sometimes run as low as 20 PSI when off-roading, but pump them up again to anything above 26 to get back on the road 9takes an age with our small 12v compressor). I use my own 'real' compressor at home and the same gauge every time to pump them up to the usual pressures.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

And Disco II. Edge wear very apparent on the fronts when I ran them at 28. Now run at 30 front and 38 rear. Normal running is light no edge wear but I do find the handling "not quite right". I might try 34 all round for a while.

With 255/65R16 tyres I have a sneaking feeling the ambient temp when doing your tyres (cold of course, as one should) has a noticeable effect. Time before last it was in the middle of the hot spell, ambient was well above

20C. Then it gets cooler by a good 10C and all the pressures where low by a few PSI on the next check. I was surprised but it's the only thing I can think of that changed. Normally all but one hold their pressures.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice