Discover Air con

I have a MK2 Discovery TD5. The aircon works fine, but drivers side front carpet getting wet. Have noticed the usual pool of water under the Disco no longer appears when i stop. Not been anywhere near water/rain etc.

HELP !

Rgds Andrew

Reply to
Andrew French

Sounds like the condensation line is clogged. That same problem happened on an old Audi I owned a few years back. Instead of draining outside of the vehicle, as it is designed to do, it sounds like the condensation from the aircon is pooling in the drip pan, overflowing, and ending up on your carpet.

Make sure the condensation line is routed properly, i.e., outside of your vehicle (in my old Audi, the line got dislodged and began discharging inside). If that's not the problem, try disconnecting the condensation line from the drip pan and then blowing it out with compressed air.

Reply to
David Snell

Had the same problem on my 98 TDi.

AirCon had been on full for about 3 hours solid. It looked like condensation building up on the pipes, and dripping off.

Presume a pipe somewhere is blocked or something similar, it's not happened for a while though.

H.

Hi Guys

I suspect that the Disco II still suffers from the same problem as the Disco I. The air conditioner on a Disco 1 drains out through two pipes, one either side of the gearbox tunnel. They end in a small plastic thing which looks like a small squid! It is a plug, and the tentacles which hang downward are supposed to stop rubbish going back up the pipes. However, they do block up every so often, and then the aircon dumps hot water under the carpets! If you go under the car, and look up into the tunnel at a position just forward of where the gear levers are, you may see the "squids" - wear old clothes - it will be dirty, and when you remove the plugs to clean them, water will run down your sleeve! If the air con has been on, the water may be hot!

Hope this solves your problem.

Cheers! Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe

Graham Carter

Hi,

thank you very much for this info. I was searching now for weeks for solve this !!!!

Many thanks

Reinhard Swietli

"Graham Carter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@baobab.mweb.co.zw...

Reply to