Discovery 98 Bulbs

Hi all

Can anyone direct me to where I might get light for the clock on my

1998 Discovery 300tdi. Its in a black holder and my main dealer in Ireland tells me they are no longer available......

Thanks

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Hogan

I'm not sure what type of bulb is in the clock, but I found a source for the grain of wheat bulbs used to illuminate the switches. These are the ones that fit into little green plastic carriers.

Hope this helps.

Davy M.

Reply to
David Murray

Hugh Hi,

could this be what you are looking for?

LEDs tend to withstand vibration from offroad driving much better, last far longer than ordinary bulbs and consume far less energy.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:22:26 +0300, "Pantelis Giamarellos" enlightened us thusly:

However, there are some warning lights which you can't use them in. Most obvious is the no-charge ("ignition") light, but I found a few others; which may not apply to discos, on the LDV. The ABS/brake warning lights were the most notable.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sounds absolutely logical for bulbs that operating other systems using their resistance value.

Same also applies for the flasher unit lights. You can use a LED light instead of an ordinary bulb if you do not use a resistor on each corner (or side) or a special relay (which is in fact a BMW relay for their vehicles with LED lights)

Take care and thanks for clarifying this topic that I forgot to mention.

Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:13:18 +0300, "Pantelis Giamarellos" enlightened us thusly:

Actually, most of the electronic relays can be modified. They have a dedicated timer chip, and one leg of that is "bulb outage". Provided you can identify which leg, you can disconnect it.

If you want to be really clever, you can work out the correct resistor value to make the bulb outage work correctly with LEDs, but I've never bothered.

Reply to
Austin Shackles