discovery gearbox mods

No doubt been covered before but what year was the cross drilled gear improvement made?

Will my discovery be ok on this - it's a 1998 which must be one of the last of the tdis.

Also I remember reading there were probs with 300 tdi engines chewing belts - will I need to do anything about this as well?

Thanks

Reply to
Codprawn

Oops brother messing with my signature!!!

Reply to
Vince

Should be ok on both counts, changing the tensioners as well as the cam belt is always a good idea anyway. The r380 gearbox shouldn't give much trouble as long as it has and is well maintained

Hope this helps

Icky

Reply to
icky

Well maintained - you could say that - Disco has only done 52,000 miles - serviced every year - sometimes at 4,000 miles!!!

Reply to
Vince