Discovery price in the UK

Hi, I'm currently looking for a 2003/2004 disco in the UK.

Do you think there will be much of a price fluctuation for the old shape, following the new March registations, when people are trading in for the new model??

thanks

Reply to
allnewtonyg

No.

IMHO this is a load of bollocks bandied about by car dealers who want to get you to trade earlier because your car will suddenly be worthless when the plates change. Now the plates change twice every year it's even less convincing.

The reality is much like house prices. The thing you buy will be a bit cheaper and the thing you sell will also be a bit cheaper.

BTW, the dealer will almost certainly make more money out of selling you a nearly new than he does from selling you a brand new one. Feb should be a quiet month, so close to the end of the month you might find him keen to 'do business'.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Thanks for the advice.

The dealer is talking about taking my car as part ex, however he needs my car a week before the end of the month. He'll lend me a demo until the car i'm interested comes in at the start of March.

Reply to
allnewtonyg

Why would he need your car a week before? Sounds like he has a buyer for it already? Richard

Reply to
Richard

On or around Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:48:00 GMT, "Richard" enlightened us thusly:

hehe. You can always use that as leverage to get a better deal...

"well, it's a bit of hassle, but if you make it worth my while..."

as to the other thing... there's likely to be a certain reduction in the second hand value of the "old" model disco, but that's mostly 'cos there's a new model, not 'cos of the registration letters. I've been watching this in the last few years, there have been ever fewer "new" numbers on the road in the day or 3 following the new numbers appearing, so I reckon Tim's right.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

At the moment i've got my eye on a 04 plate Landmark for £22500.

Is that about the right price??

Reply to
allnewtonyg