Discovery rear lights

My 1995 Discovery has the tail light and indicator in the bumper. If I were to get the other style where the tail and indicator is higher p is it easy to wire up to have four indicators etc... Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

On or around Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:51:08 GMT, "Richard" enlightened us thusly:

d'you mean it's the kind without the tail/ind in the normal cluster?

not hard, ISTR. You'll probably need the other model of flasher unit though. The flasher unit has a sensor to flash a little trailer when the trailer indicators are on it as well - the one you have in there will do this with 3 bulbs in circuit (or more, hence why it does it when you put the hazards on), you need one that's a "3+1x2" not a "2+1x2", which is what yours probably has. Either that or have the little trailer flashing all the time, which rather defeats the object if you do tow a trailer.

apart I think there may be some additional wiring to do, but not that much. If buying new bits you'll need the other type of lens unit plus the bulbholders etc. to fit into it. You can also use the lamp units from a scrap maestro van.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Are there any websites that show what to do? Richard

Reply to
Richard

There's one somewhere with a step-by-step guide, so keep looking. (Sadly I didn't bother to bookmark it - my late '95 Disco has all the lights connected.)

But here's another one with lots of info:

:) K

Reply to
Kieran Turner