Dyson - bloody hell! (Way OT)

Yup - that's why we went for another Dyson rather than a lesser make.

Reply to
Rich B

I like this approach. Not just broken bits or non-functioning bits, but worn and likely-to-fail bits are replaced as well.

Reply to
Rich B

They work, and continue to work. That's all I need to know.

Reply to
Rich B

To rephrase the ancient Arab saying:

A woman for procreation A boy for pleasure A melon for ecstasy A Dyson for a visit to A&E.

Reply to
Rich B

They seem to break with some regularity too. Which I really couldn't be doing with from something so basic as a cleaner. Different with a vehicle you love.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Austin Shackles writes

Have to agree. Mother-in-law was ready to chuck hers and stump-up fro a new one. Took about two hours of fiddling to get those daft ducts clean, wash the belt, etc., but eventually it worked as well as it ever did. She couldn't believe it, nor could she believe the pile of detritus on the newspaper at the end of it.

I've got a Henry-substitute which we've been using for 23 years. It was the first post-wedding purchase and it's been used for everything from household dust to earth and lumps of brick (often, whenever I'm making holes in the wall, in fact). It's still on the same brushes, motor and cloth filter, although the mains lead has snapped a couple of times. It will take Nilfisk fittings and it's really easy to clean and there's almost nothing to go wrong. It saw off an Earlex recently (which couldn't survive the punishment). I'd have got through a dozen Dysons in that time...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

In article , Allen writes

Fair enough, but Dyson aren't alone in this. SWMBO insisted on a Miele this time round. I recently had to take the lid off (it wasn't faulty), and was amazed, not just by the build quality (it's very good), but by the fact there was a printed parts list tucked inside the lid.

We've had it for a year now and are very impressed so far. Particularly so by the fact it's so quiet.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Reminds me of a friend's mum who was cursing Dyson out some time ago, she said it was such a hassle to use. Knowing a little about what she was like, I asked her if she was washing it in the sink every time she used it, and yes indeed that's exactly what she was doing and that was what she hated about it. In the instructions it stated that if you wanted to, you could wash the dust chamber out every now and again, but she was a bit like my mum, instructions like that get read as "YOU MUST DO THIS EVERY TIME OR DIE!". I have no idea how these people get through life, my mum's a constant amazement as she bumbles about in a world of her own.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I bought a DC02 de Stijl vacuum cleaner 10 years ago which hasn't been any trouble at all - including taking some abuse from our d*****ad builder who used it to hoover up his rubble dust while we were out. Wanker. Neighbours grassed him up after he emptied the dust out into *their* rubbish bins. He didn't even bother using any bin liners. Laugh? I nearly paid him a bonus LOL.

Reply to
Allen

On or around Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:38:03 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

I wonder how many people got put off by the hassles with the early ones, like we did.

I now have George, who is excellent, and does carpet shampooing as well. I rekcon there's some significance in the fact that most professional cleaning people use Numatic machines...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:44:00 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

what was the last line in the original?

camel?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Heh. No, the last line was my addition. The third line can read "goat" if your tastes are sufficiently bizarre.

Reply to
Rich B

On or around Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:04:31 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

Sheep are less individualistic and thus easier to control... specially if you have those extra-long wellies.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

A goat for the peak of bliss.

...allegedly.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

There speaks the voice of experience. :-)

Buggering a goose with its head in a drawer, and slamming the drawer shut on its neck at the critical moment, is supposed to be pretty good too, but I haven't had the faintest urge to try it.

Reply to
Rich B

How do these stories get about?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

... he asks, after reading about it on usenet ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

That's the trouble with sheep - can't keep a bloody secret.

Reply to
Rich B

I killed my 3 geese on the 21st December. Their necks are bloody hard to wring.......

You have to use a broom handle to assist with the neck wringing, and we broke the first broom handle, SWMBO was not impressed, it was the one for the kitchen floor, so then we used the yard brush....

They're a pain in the backside to pluck as well.

Drawing them was funny. I let them hang for 24 hours for everything to firm up, and as removed the guts one of them let out a honk. Dawn reckoned it was still alive.... All it was was air being pushed throught the voice box. I'd seen it 3 days before when my nan's fella dropped down dead and the undertakes came to pick him up. As they lifted him, it sounded like he was breathing becuase of the air moving in and out of the lungs!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Fuck nose.

Steve