Bloody bloody Fiat

So, got the brakes done on my Bravo but I've noticed I have a squeaky clutch, as I press the pedal it sounds quite awful.No grinding noises, no problems with take up of drive, no slipping, etc, but it doesn't sound healthy. Have lubed the pedal, but made no difference. Any ideas?

Cheers

Hellraiser.............>

Reply to
Hellraiser

Strange.

What engine is it? - if it's a FIRE lump, ISTR it's a cable operated clutch, which is where I'd start looking.....

Reply to
SteveH

Squeaky clutch pedal? maybe they fitted a Vauxhall one, they *all* squeak.

Reply to
PC Paul

Does it do it all the time the pedal is pressed? If so it sounds like the release bearing.

Reply to
CWatters

Deffo hydraulic clutch, has the slave cylinder on the gearbox. 1.8 Bravo if that's of any use :)

Hellraiser.............>

Reply to
Hellraiser

As you press the pedal and as you release it, similar to a creaky door hinge.....

Reply to
Hellraiser

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Hellraiser" saying something like:

I'd suspect the mounting point for the master cyl is cracking or the m/c seals are on their way out.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon