Bloody hell

Skoda Superb. Unbelievable amount of car for the cash. Loads of room in the front and back, diesel engines even I can bear and they cost nowt.

Reply to
Doki

Ah, yes, VAG's Talbot Tagora. I haven't seen one on the road yet.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Preregistered ones are Mondeo prices. It's bizarre that they aren't selling loads of them, IMO.

Reply to
Doki

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

They are Fantastic cars. Think Passat for Polo money. And there are V6 TDi modls too I believe.

Make sure you get the Umbrella too, it is in the door like on a RR Phantom.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Think Long Wheelbase Passat more like.

But you can't have 4mo - got to keep 'some' of the good stuff for VW/Audi

:-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Loads of 'em being bought by mini-cabbers around here.

Expect the Superb to be worth about 20p next year.

Reply to
SteveH

Yebbut we have Passat minicabs round here.

Reply to
Doki

Hello,

I think it's just down to the name SKODA and the badge the car has. Some people just associate them with being rubbish. I would definitely have a Skoda Octavia RS as I watched a few police programmes on telly and they managed to outrun the police Volvo's which was quite amazing. A good advert for the RS!

Reply to
GT

Drove one today. Quite quick, but not mental. Didn't get a chance to test handling as dear old mum was in the passenger seat and starts screaming if the throttle's touched during a bend.

Reply to
Doki

Wow, less than a Tagora.

I'm surprised I haven't noticed any. I usually notice Skodas.

BTW, if anyone does find a Tagora, especially a V6...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

You can get help, you know...

Reply to
JackH

*snort*

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Not a Tagora, but scroll down until you see something for =A32000

Fancy a bit of that myself.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Aren't they FWD though?

Reply to
Doki

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com spouted=20 forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

How how you need to learn.

That my friend is the 2 door Coupe (not 3 door hatch) version of the=20 legendary AE86 Levin. Take a stock 1.6 AE86 loved so much by drifters,=20 and slap on a supercharger. I'm sure it wasn't until the GTi Corollas of=20 the next gen that topend corollas went FWD.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

-----

How how you need to learn.

That my friend is the 2 door Coupe (not 3 door hatch) version of the legendary AE86 Levin. Take a stock 1.6 AE86 loved so much by drifters, and slap on a supercharger. I'm sure it wasn't until the GTi Corollas of the next gen that topend corollas went FWD.

Reply to
Mason

:o)

see particularly

I *will* own one.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Are you 100% on that? I was looking into the whole old corolla thing a while ago, and there are definately supercharged cars that look pretty much like that with FWD.

Reply to
Doki

The AE8d engined corollas of this age are RWD

they are *the* learner drifter car in japan. Mint ones fetch a fortune over there and are starting to over here too.

Reply to
Mason

The AE86 is the Corolla GT over here. The engine is a 4AGE as far as I know. They already fetch stupid money here.

Reply to
Doki