Eastnor.

Hi Simon,

Good grief. You must be beside yourself. Can you get referred in to the neurology department by an emergency call out service ? Best wishes to you both.

Steve and Lizzy

Reply to
Steve

Well worth looking here before setting off....

Traffic England web site , tells you what the gantrys say too

I'll be rolling around 3.30 to 4.00 I guess after the usual last minute run around for sumat.

I'm looking to cruise hopefully around 50 with the Caravan on Morph so not too fussed about slow traffic through spagetti Junct. Usually worse North bound till you get to Junct 8 M6 which is the link I think to the M5... I'd guess you may catch us up. CB will be on 30 if you have one fitted. I'd guess we will stop half way too

Keele SB has LPG.... Stafford only got it Northbound on the rare occasion it's freakin working.

Hoping to have the escape hatch removed so you may see Mrs D perched up top with biggles stylie goggles and spitting flies just to get some breeze.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

We're there for the 3 days..... may have to send out for supplies thou and looking at the weather it may be Beer , more suncream, sausages and Icecream.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Steve uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yeah same here, fingers crossed for you both. It's trumatic enough without natures little complications.

I had a heart attack scare last April.. rushed in after calling NHS direct, went to see GP who wisked me of in an Ambulance.... 4 hours later got the muscular line and sent home....2 days off sick home alone in the day,

****ing long days those were too... I felt like sitting on the door step all day incase owt did happen.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I had similar many years ago, turned out to be nothing but stress but the days do suddenly get very very long. Health scares, both to yourself and to loved ones, especially pregnant wives, certainly put all that crap about terrorism and global warming etc etc ad infinitum in their place!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I must agree. There's nothing like a heart attack to bring a bit of perspective into your life. I'm glad I had mine before my wife got cancer because I knew what it was like to know I was dying and I could see her priorities and leave my stuff until later.

Certainly it makes my EAS problems look trivial but made me smart enough to turn it into a game.

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

On or around Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:34:06 +0100, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

flamin' ridiculous. comes of nicking all the foreign countries' doctors on accoutn of successive governements having consistently failed to fund enough training for such in this country. which apart from being ridiculously short-sighted is also morally bankrupt.

and this lot have reached the point where blaming previous administrations is getting a bit thin, IMHO.

can you afford private treatment?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:47:51 +0100, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

hahahaha

Can claim back through Medicash once we have had the treatment but need the cash first.

Actually, did make it to eastnor. Got home from work to find the back doors of Burt open, thought some theiving pikeys had got in until I saw SWMBO in there. She had managed to get into burt with the clothes, and asked me to pack everything around her. She travelled down in the back, and we got there *late* Friday night, and got back about an hour ago.

Seems to have done her the world of good though. She couldn't walk very far, just being able to meet old friends and some new ones lifted her quite considerably! She's still in a lot of pain, but much happier now!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

She certainly looked more comfortable by the end of the weekend. Good weather, good friends, good food and good Pimms were obviously what was needed :-)

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

Yep good to see the lap record from the gazebo to Burrt being smashed with each attempt, I think the medicinal qualities of Pimms may have been the clincher.

I've managed to catch the sun despite wandering around on Saturday uunder a unbrella, still got frazzelled. At least I think it was the Sun, could have been Morph...dammed hot!

Kids had a great time too.

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:43:12 +0100, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

ah. bit chicken-and-eggy, I assume you end up having to borrow the money, if you want to do it.

glad to hear it. pass on my best wishes, BTW, notwithstanding differences of opinion about BBQ safety :-)

Must get Edward fixed in time for malvern.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It should be recognised as such, and available on prescription IMO...

Reply to
Mother

I believe Pimms is available if you go private.

I went private just over one month ago, just in time for no less than three serious health scares to surface in the space of three weeks (hence my non-attendance at Eastnor). Pimms or no pimms, I'd prefer a

3-day wait for an MRI scan to the current 3-month wait at my NHS outlets!

Also the pinz is now on its third hub leak, it seems the seals have gone oval through it sitting still doing nothing for several years, I wonder if Pimms will do the job on that!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:00:18 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

three down, three to go?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:00:18 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

chap down the road a bit had an odd 4x4 chassis outside his workshop a bit back - I looked at it in passing but didn't recognise it. Now it's got its cab back on I see it's a "little" unimog - I've always rather fancied one of them... didn't realise that they're on portal axles, too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Wonder if a dose of CarbonTet would wake them up.

Reply to
GbH

One down, five to go, I've only fixed one so far, I was advised to run it for a while on the second as they sometimes go away, but it's not gone and now a third has cropped up. They don't leak much but there's less than half a litre in the portal reduction hub so it's worth fixing. They don't leak normally, it's a well-designed setup, it's just that mine's been sat still for so long.

Work involved is relatively minor, just take off wheel and brake shoes, undo bolts on brake backing plate then knock off the entire wheel drive unit with large cog on wheel flange, small cog on stub axle. Pull off large cog (the hardest bit), bash flange out of bearing, replace seal, replace bearing, put it back together.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Might be a mog 404, they're relatively small compared to the modern monsters, but very old and very thirsty. Also still too large for my liking, otherwise I'd have bought one as they're available at reasonable prices (i.e. sommat in the region of £3,000-£7,000).

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Possibly but I don't think it's worth trying, I was expecting the third leak before it happened as the wheel was showing signs of bearing wear, chances are the seal is fine and it's bearing movement that's the problem, I'll just replace them both while it's apart.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:12:14 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

I think it is a 404, old one anyway. They're petrol things, so obvious target for an LPG conversion, innit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles