Ebay

4626550134 I thought it was the harmonic balancer but obviously not

I like the Idea "I am told that this wheel was fitted to the later classic Range Rover to help the diff housing roll over obstacles when off road, preventing it from catching on rocks and things, thus damaging the diff or propshaft"

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Well, at least he got the steering bracket correct! Maybe I should buy a few more of those little "wheels" to stop the scrapes to the rest of the underside of the vehicle...? hmmmmm.

Reply to
craig

On or around Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:46:08 +0100, "Andy.Smalley" enlightened us thusly:

teehee. d'you think someone should enlighten him?

Mind, what happens if you remove it I've no idea. It sounds like one of those last-minute add-ons that manufacturers do when the model is 2 months away from launch and some NVH engineer comes along and says "'ere, this thing don't half vibrate at 83 mph..."

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Enlighten me!! I do not have the faintest idea what it really is..... Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

it's called an harmonic balancer ( I think ) it's a vibration damper to smooth out transmission vibrations on the front axle

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Thanks, makes much more sense then the Ebay story. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets