Ebay musings

Sorry - had to share this one.....

Whenever anothe rbit falls off my LR or the RR I have a quick dip on Ebay to see if there is one there - tonight I chanced upon:

Not that I need a new starting handle for a Series LR but, with two hours to go, this secondhand one is bid up to £10.50 plus £5.50 p&p

Paddocks are quoting £8.80 for a new one.

Strange? Or am I alone in thinking this?

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

Mandy's recent ebay triumphs include

Harry Potter Lunchbox £12.50 (bought for 15p) Humphrey's Corner baby outfit £22.50 (bought for 60p, available new for about £15) Job lot of baby toys £25 (bought for £1) Nutella glass £5 (bought for approx £2, including the Nutella!) Cha Cha dancing bear £12 (cost 50p)

And she also makes profit on the postage....

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

eBay is like that - a handful of bargains, but also tons of overpriced stuff. You only need two slightly clueless people to start a bidding war and who knows where it will end...

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

Bring her around with you next time Tim... :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

I've only ever been a buyer - not seller.

however, I may need to make road room outside if I'm to be allowed a Radio bodied 101...

This may mean selling my much loved and little used Ziggy S3 :-(

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Hmmmmm

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

I suspected that this was coming, and have already opened discussions. The bruising will go down shortly no doubt.

Will you be accepting Paypal?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Freaking heck. I bet Bellargio are thrilled. Maybe they'll be able to invest in a keyboard that doesn't have the frickin caps lock stuck on?

Reply to
David French

Well they are closer to you than me....

Headquarters

Bellargio Auto Design Ltd Bloomfield Stud School Road Terrington St John Wisbech Cambs PE14 7SQ Telephone: 01945 880722 Telephone: 01945 880675 Facsimile: 01945 881482

begin 666 contactheader.gif M1TE&.#EA-0`.`+,``/___\_/S[2TM)F9F?'Q\?CX^.3DY*"@H-;6UNOKZ[N[ MNZ>GIZVMK=W=W

Reply to
Graeme

The trouble with eBay is that I would need to know Ziggy is going to a (very) good home - and to someone who would carry on my (expensive) tradition of maintenance. So you've passed the first test... :-)

I'll willingly go one-on-one with you on counting bruises following my putting an offer in on a Radio bodied 101... :-(

Not sure how to introduce the idea of a Vampire to complete the collection. This may involve pre-booking a bed on the ICU...

I guess so. I have a PayPal account, but have only ever spent, not 'been paid' via it - but I guess it'll work...

I still do not appear to have received your remaining kidney, BTW ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

It will, but it will also cost you 3.5%, which you may want to pass on to the buyer. So Tim, you'd be better with cash really.

Reply to
David French

First refusal please. Or I'm happy to look after him for you if you cannot bear to sell him ;-). Of course I could just pull Stig out of the garage and do the £50 of work required to get him running again... But the garage door is broke.

Just mentioned it again, and this time it was just bare fists, no cutlery and nothing on my face, so I'm taking that as 'maybe'...

The collection wouldn't be complete without a Dredd and a Llama. If you get next door to sell his car then I reckon you've got room.

Costs a few percent, but it's now free to download cash sums above a certain figure (a hundred quid or so) whereas it used to cost you to get the money out too.

Bugger...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Yup. There's this on at the moment:

2a/3 complete gasket set for gearbox. Current bid £13, retail price £2.40.

Where's the sense?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around 13 Nov 2003 22:41:54 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comknujon (AN6530) enlightened us thusly:

I rather think this is some kind of scam do get 'em either tax-free or allow 'em to import to the states, or something of that kind.

it's fairly obviously a new "1971" vehicle. must be summat going on.

and BTW, can I commend

to your attention.

is much less likely to get broken in transit than the above.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hmmm. They really do take this interweb thingy seriously, don't they. Go to the stock page and you see "Cars in stock as of November 2002".

Reply to
Logorrhea

Very true - but there agin I'm just lazy ;-)

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530
.

Martyn you wouldn't be wanting something like this would you (dangles carrot)

"Land Rover 101FC

24V LHD Radio body (one of 15 Signals EW Complex vehicles). Excellent condition with very low miles. T+T until July. New Petlas tyres all round. Looks original from the outside, but ready for expedition use inside with : Carver heater (hot and cold water), sink, cooker, fridge/freezer, 80 litre water tank, twin calor bottles, 240V and 12V sockets, attachable awning, folding rear seats with belts. NATO Desert Sand paint. £6950" advertised on 3/11/03

sorry Charlotte

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

I'd like to see this.

Me and Lee were thinking about awnings for the ambi's the other night.

Just got to find somewhere to buy some cheap canvas from now, and then a sewing machine that'll sew it, and then see if i can bribe my mother...

Reply to
Tom Woods

I gues it's like any aucttion - you need to know the "real" price and availablilty or know that the thing is so rare that you are gonna have to pay whatever it takes to get it if you want it.

I've had loads of eBay bargains - I also include "rip-off" postage in my bidding decisions btw ;-)

Best one was £350 worth of valves for £20 odd quid! Which kept an old motor on the road when, technically, it wasn't worth fixing - ;-))

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Buckley

I know this vehicle, and very nice though it is, I'm after an original condition radbod. I have nothing against mods and camper conversions

- obviously, but my radbod will be a resto so not cut-up is essential.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother