Musings.......

Killed my old 'ergonomic' keyboard yesterday morning with a perfectly placed cup of coffee. Klutz. Had to go back to a spare backup keyboard. I feel like: A) my hands are bigger.. B) I have mittens on.. C) It feels like I have Mickey Mouse hands on this keyboard.

My Kubota front deck mower has bitten the big one.. The PTO clutch has given up the ghost. The throttle cable has frozen, and the wiring sucks. I have to jumper the starter to get it going. I'm terrified of taking it to the Kubota dealer for fear of financial ruin.. I think the pto clutch parts and other parts will cost more than it's worth. And that mower deck fits so nice as a belly mount mower for my AlliS ChalmerS Model B. I think I'll sell the thing for parts to buy the goodies I need to put the deck under the real tractor.

Remodeling sucks. Just finished the re-do of the laundry room. Put in a new linoleum floor. Had to buy WAY more than we needed because they cut the rolls just a little shorter than the width of the room. Wife made the best of it by cutting the excess to use as shelf liners. Looks totally designer!

But... Now it's the master bathroom... New sinks and fixtures and new countertop... Trying to save and re-use stuff today is nutz. I want to chainsaw the whole thing and toss new crap in there... But Nooooooooooooo...

I want to hide in the workshop and play Studebaker so bad... Too bad it's already all scheduled out. Jeff (Schedule and shredder are both 8 letter words) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I thought you were selling the place... now you'll get everything the way you want it and will end up staying. That's the plan I'm working on here too... original plan was to stay 3-5 years and flip, been here 2+ years and don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe it's my fear of having to pack up all this crap again.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I am selling the place... We take the various 'comments' by the people who have looked and are fixing/repairing/tweaking them one by one... I won't go into my growing hatred of lazy ass'ed incompetent two faced realtors here.... Needless to say, when the listing term is up, his butt is out of here and the house will be more than ready to sell. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

They do make keyboard that are water acceptable Even MAC's have them.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

I took this one all apart and cleaned it. I should have tossed all the screws on the sort bin and chucked it right then and there..... But Noooooooo. I can fix this.... After a wasted hour, it went into the recycle bin... Jeff (Maybe I'll sell the keys on Ebay ) Rice

"Rick Courtier" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

You should have just run it through the dish washer.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

I'm with you there, Jeff. Mine didn't kick into gear until I "moonlighted" with my brothers' much better realtor. As it turned out, he still got a few lies by me that didn't show up until the deal was done for about 2 months.

Reply to
zoombot

Reply to
midlant

Two words; keyboard cover. The rubbery ones work quite well.

Reply to
D.J.

Jeff,

FSBO = For Sale By Owner. Check and see if there is a local list>

Reply to
GTtim