loosing my SIII battle wagon

My 1984 S3 SWB has been laid up now for over a year, she needs a rewire and the 2 1/4 diesel could do with a rebuild, new dash and a general fettle. Unfortunately she's costing dear to store so I recon the only choice I have is to scrap her :-(, I don't know of any LR scrappers around here (South Yorkshire) so I suspect I'll only get £50 for her, would be best to remove the overdrive etc and try to get something separately for these ?

my heart is breaking

Andy

Reply to
Your Kidding

Overdrive will fetch at least £200 if any good.

There is a scrapper in Sheffield near London Road - Martyn will be along shortly to give you details.

There is, also near London Road, Warren. He will, for a very modest sum, get your machine back on the road before Christmas. A much better option. You owe it to your Land Rover...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Slap it on ebay, you'll probably find somebody who will buy it as a job lot.

Reply to
David French

surely no landie is ever fit for scrapping. So long as there is enough oomph to turn the engine and get to an mot, and enough filler to hide the holes in the chassis she could live forever :)

Reply to
Larry