A-Class Drivers Window

The drivers side window on my 2000 A-Class has started to drop a few inches when starting the engine. I have heard that there is a sequence to resetting them, any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Owen

I had a related problem on my CLK Cab. Window drops and rises a bit when opening and closing doors. Drivers's window would drop too much and not rise. Merc fixed it -- some sort of computer reset.

Have you tried to persuade your local dealer to do it FOC? Four years is not old and this should not happen.

From your ISP I take it you are in the UK (as I am).

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Check in your manual for a more technical description but my method is open window fully and raise 'manually' by using the half pressure point (not fully clicked or non automatic) to the top and hold lifter in this same position for about 10 secs similarly lower the window fully using the half point and wait 10 secs. If you listen closely you will hear a faint click (top and bottom) this is the reset; it will not work if lifter fully pressed. Best of luck, Jim

Reply to
soso