Speedometer Repairs

The speedometer on my 1989 Landover Turbo Diesel 90 broke during the course of changing to 100,000 miles and the Dealer wants over £250 for a replacement

Does anyone know of any repairers who might help

Julian Pollard

Guildford

Reply to
Julian PollardPOP_Server=pop.freeuk.net

Funny that - my '88 RR 3.5 speedo broke as it crossed the 100K mark. 'They all do that Sir' was the comment from the bod that give the beast it's annual service. IIRC a replacement was £100. Autopost might do one for you at better price than £250.

Richard

"Julian PollardP> The speedometer on my 1989 Landover Turbo Diesel 90 broke during the course

Reply to
Richard Savage

Replaced mine with a secondhand one for £35 - my original screwed up at

100K, I repaired it and then it screwed up again at 101K - again 'they all do that sir'.

Try

Andy may have one - I got minefrom somebody else after placing a 'wants' ad on this newsgroup Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

This company may be able to help.

Ed

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

How right you all are !!!!! "They all do that sir"

However have managed to source one for £30 (plus £15 postage!) from Oasis

4x4 on tel; 01642 606044

It's an ex-MOD one with just over 30,000 on the clock so I'll be back in

70,000 miles - about 12 years' time

Julian

Reply to
Julian Pollard

My 90 conked at 100k, but the 110 didn't - it'll be interesting to see what happens at 200k in a few weeks time!!

Richard

Reply to
postmaster

Try Mark Smith on 01869-327878. They were very helpful when I needed a replacement distributor for our V8i Discovery.

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland