Engine replacemnt

Looking for a replacement engine for Discovery. Its currently got a 3.5efi engine in it, but I think Bruce would rather go for a 3,9. Any recommendations with regards to some of the places like RPi or Rimmer Bros? Thanks

Reply to
Nikki

At the risk of being rude, is the Discovery worth the cost of a new engine from people such as RPi who are not exactly cheap?

Might be better to just pick up a fit, used 3.9 and fit it.

Reply to
Exit

Whilst I realise that an Rpi engine would be an expensive option, it was just one of the first that came in to my mind as an example. We want to consider all the options available but what you suggest is probably what we'll decide on, so if you know of one that available anywhere we'd be interested. If we did decide on an engine from one of the companies offering replacements, it would be with a view to keeping it for at least another 7 years. It would also give Bruce the opportunity to get things like the central locking working, door panels put back on etc. We know the car, and what's gone wrong in it as it came with FSH.

Reply to
Nikki

Up until very recently I knew where a brand new 4.2 blueprinted and tuned by JE Motors V8 was going begging for £2000 and was dyno'd at 280bhp and

330lb-ft of torque, but some bugger has just fitted it to his 110! I will let you know if I come across a good s/h V8 for you.

If you intend keeping it then its worth spending the money and as you say, better the devil you know! :)

Reply to
Exit