Exhaust thoughts

I've got the floor ready to go in just waiting for the zinc coat to dry ( weldable primer) and I have some other bits to paint . I thought, is it of any advantage to give the new exhaust a coat of a HT aluminised ( or zinc ) paint particularly where it crosses the axle . I've seen a lot of Landy exhausts go at that point. I realise that the hump is going to collect water inside until it gets nice and hot but the salty water in winter hitting hot steel has to be a factor, doesnt it?

Derek

can I smell burning - :-)

Reply to
Derek

Fish oil. Wire a kipper to it. ;-)

I guess it can't halm but doubt it will make alot of differenence.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Honest I've not touched a drop.....yet!