Exhuast tip chop replace, Problem ??? 110 300 Tdi

The end of my exhaust is corroding ( after meeting a low wall ), I intend chopping the last few inches off and replacing it with an equal length piece of something. Visited Halfords ( I know !!! ) with son to look around for a sterring lock and saw extensions for sale, now being an irritating type I might add one to my tailpipe to irritate the local yufs ( anybody knowing LR will I imagine take as a pi.. take ). Question is do I worry about the tuned length of the pipe and the standing wave set up in the current pipe or am I harping back to my youth and worrying about nowt ?

ie add the damn thing and not worry.

Tia John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

Unless you are running a high perfomance 2 stroke engine in your Landy, there is nothing to worry about.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

at

UKRM FAQ at

No, just the usual smoky 300 Tdi :-)) cheers many thanks will now consider said addition. ( To be or not to be ..... )

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

Just don't make it too short, or you'll fill the vehicle with fumes! Plus MOT'ers have been known to get a bit upset about too-short exhausts.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

The tip of the tail pipe on my 110 is falling apart so I've put one of those chrome tail pipe extentions on it, it looked nice and shiny for almost a day until it got covered in mud. It does look neater than the tatty tail pipe but who notices?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Thats exactly what I'm after, where did you get yours ? Was it reasonable ?

Reply to
Hirsty's

Cost me about £4 from one of the local places I use in Plymouth. (union street)

can pick one up for you end of next week if you like.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.