FA: Defender 110 roof and roof rack

Hello all, I'm flogging a Brownchurch heavy-duty roof rack on ebay, and also a 110 hard top, side panels and rear door. It's all split up between two lots;

Roof rack: 4550339204

Roof, door and panels: 4550340946

You can also see it all on my temporary website on;

Cheers!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Tell Nige, He's just got himself a rather nice 110 with a really crappy roofrack on. he could do with a new rear door too.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Cheers, hopefully he'll spot it. I'm not intending to split the lots yet, I'll wait until I get no bids which is what I usually do ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I can get a pre-glazed new one for £70 from Paddocks, all second handers want £50!!!

Roofrack will come off in time, I cant get into the bastard tip or Ikea with it on. Actually, I'll leave it on!!! ;~)

Did 160m on Friday & she performed like a dream, a very slow dream!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"

Reply to
Nige

on. Actually, I'll leave

I had to take the rack off often as alot of the lanes around here have low trees (you may have noticed the rack is a bit twisted, ahem).

I find it runs easier after the first 40 miles or so, something to do with all the fluids getting hot and thinner I reckon. I averaged 60 on the way up, 65 alot of the time and 50 when there was anything resembling a hill/slope/incline/2 degrees from flat.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Gutted! mine was £130 from paddocks with heated window (was a while ago)

-- Jon

Reply to
Angus McCoatup©

This is non heated, i think it makes a big difference!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"

Reply to
Nige

The one I'm selling is heated with a heavy tinted screen (to stop people looking in the back) and a spare wheel carrier. A snip at 200 quid buy-it-now!

Did I mention it comes with a free roof and side panels? ;-)

There's a few watchers on the auction, so fingers crossed it should go at some point. I fitted a rag top and don't see myself going back to tin top at any point in the future. Plus of course I'm skint!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I also found this to be a problem and the rack I'm flogging was also used to shove a few tree branches aside, some too large for me to fit both hands around. One of the differences between Brownchurch roof racks and lesser ones is that it was the branches that got twisted, the rack is as straight as a ruler! It's a shame I've got no use for it, it's a great piece of kit. I can remember putting a load of fence panels up on it during a gale, almost took a few unplanned flying lessons.. Unloading them at the dump was easy, just lifted up a corner and jumped out of the way!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Had a look there's 2 different doors early and late I remember assuming mine was early coz its an old one, but it turned out to be a later one. If I remember rightly if the lock is in the handle hole its early and if its in its own separate hole its the later one.

my old door

Jon

Reply to
Angus McCoatup©