Removing cats from a Disco 1

Hi I have a '93 Disco 3.9i Auto, that was originally sold as a Honda Crossroad in Japan before being imported to NZ a few years ago.

From my research it is the same as a UK spec disco of the same

age,ignoring the odd Honda Badge.

The vehicle has cats which aren't needed here in NZ, and more importantly, they have loose insides which when idling sound disturbingly like a failed rod bearing.

What I need to know is - when I remove the cats do I need to keep the O2 sensors or is it possible to change a jumper plug somewhere to tell the ECU that there are no cats and it should calculate fuelling etc based upon it's predetermined maps with data from the MAF etc. ?

Cheers

Jon

Reply to
jonse

email me - I'm NZ based and it'll be easier to sort this out by phone. The email addy in the header works.

Reply to
EMB

There is no need to remove the sensors, it will run fine with them there (better than without in fact)

Reply to
SimonJ

Be careful they might scratch!

(sorry couldn't resist that one when I read the header)

Reply to
Larry

Chuck a dog in ,, that should do it ;o)

Reply to
Smurf

so Smurf was, like...

If the cat hasn't escaped first. (Adapted Defender joke.)

Reply to
Richard Brookman