Disco 2 Electric Fan

I have recently bought a 2002 Disco 2 TD5.

The electric fan runs all the time. The rave manual say it should only run when the external air temp is high and speed is below 80kmh. The temp gauge works fine - they have a common sensor.

Any ideas

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Dataserver

Is the aircon on?

Reply to
EMB

In message , Dataserver writes

Turn the AC off and see if it still does it

Reply to
Marc Draper

Nope. Even turned the climate control system off.

Reply to
Dataserver

Dataserver> I have recently bought a 2002 Disco 2 TD5. The Dataserver> electric fan runs all the time. The rave manual say it Dataserver> should only run when the external air temp is high and Dataserver> speed is below 80kmh. The temp gauge works fine - they Dataserver> have a common sensor.

Is the coolant level OK?

Stuck relay?

Reply to
AndyC the WB

No I have heard that if the engine temp ever went too high the fan will run until reset by testbook. Is that true?

Reply to
Dataserver

Coolant is ok. Swapped relay - no change.

Reply to
Dataserver