FFS...

What is it about mirrors?

some time ago, I ordered 7x5" convex mirrors from the nice Mr. Beamends man, and got flat ones instead. At the time, it wasn't worth faffing around changing them, so I've had them on the motor.

happened to be browsing around paddock's site (which seems not so naff now than when they'd just revamped it) and noticed mirrors, so ordered the same,

7x5" convex, in addition to a few other bits and pieces.

what arrived? bloody 10x6" flat ones!!!

so I've phoned 'em and complained, and they're going to try again. If I wanted flat ones, I've already got 'em. nor do I think big ones look right on a series.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I feel your pain - I really do :)

although most (but not all) my issues with mail/web order seem to be related to couriers rather than suppliers.

Reply to
William Tasso

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

And frigging lawn mowers...

Done my exam now and thought I'd cut the tropical oasis that is the rear garden... wheeled out the petrol lawn mower... several basil fawlty moments later... one blister (from mr rope) ... one trip to the 101 to get the tools through Mount Garage heap ... retrieve tools.... pull lawn mower apart ... hunt the air gun attachment... blow out the carb... put it all together.... wring out shirt and explain to the little lad the concept of "shit in the carb".

Crank it up and run in to the jungle hard core styliee (no grass box it's that deep!) screaming "Adrian...Adrian...."

Not to worry Mrs D has gone to Morrisons to collect an emergency BIG pack of BIG beer :-)

I'm absoloutely ufkcd!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

|| Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz || funny about: ||| What is it about mirrors? || || And frigging lawn mowers... || || Done my exam now and thought I'd cut the tropical oasis that is the || rear garden... wheeled out the petrol lawn mower... several basil || fawlty moments later... one blister (from mr rope) ... one trip to || the 101 to get the tools through Mount Garage heap ... retrieve || tools.... pull lawn mower apart ... hunt the air gun attachment... || blow out the carb... put it all together.... wring out shirt and || explain to the little lad the concept of "shit in the carb". || || Crank it up and run in to the jungle hard core styliee (no grass box || it's that deep!) screaming "Adrian...Adrian...." || || Not to worry Mrs D has gone to Morrisons to collect an emergency BIG || pack of BIG beer :-) || || I'm absoloutely ufkcd! || || Lee D

Two words -

Ride. On.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I dont think Lee's garden is large enough to justify one. Having a ride on with a small garden is just asking for the piss to be taken. More time turning the thing round than actually mowing..

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Would be an overkill for me, Ma and Pa have one and they could do with a mower for the fergie their plot is that big.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

We have a great product here in Oz for starting old mowers & chainsaws etc - the usual ether based stuff, but it's cunningly marketed. It's called "Start you Bastard" hehe

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

I've toyed with the idea of gang mowers for my two paddocks - about an acre each. I use a 48" ride-on at present, but I've decided to plant it out to trees instead, that way as I get older I'll have less & less maintenance to do as the jungle slowly takes possession of my gardens :)

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Duracell Bunny uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Got to be cheaper than concrete ;-) Will you be replanting some Kumquats? :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

No, but lots more pineapples - they take so long to grow, but are the sweetest I've ever eaten. Got two in the kitchen now that I've just picked :)

It takes three years to get the first fruit from a pineapple, if you just plant the top knot from a fruit you've just picked, so the 20 or so pines I have now only yield about 6 or so fruits a year, nowhere near enough to keep me going. But they are a pretty nasty (spiky) plant to grow in the garden.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

I had about 1.5 acres and used to tow a set of 4 gang mowers behind my Series 2A!

Neil

Reply to
bumble101

nice :)

I saw a picture of some special edition no-nails stuff called 'sticks like shit' the other day!

Reply to
Tom Woods