Latest garage experience...

Put the old Rover into a local long established family run garage. Have used them before some time ago, and OK.

Needed a brake pipe on the rear axle replaced as it was rusty. And the flexible to it. And the handbrake cable replaced, as it was near the end of its adjustment. Too much effort at my age to get the whole car in the air to get at them. Had asked before if they'd fit my new parts which I had. They said no, they only supply and fit - fairy nuff. Late on day one, they phoned to say they couldn't source a handbrake cable. Or flexible, which I found odd. The 'steel' pipe they had made up themselves. So would I get them from my supplier - usually Rimmer. Delivered the required parts the next day first thing as I'd already bought them. Got the car back at the end of the next day.

Point of this? For some reason they'd decided to fit and charge for a new stop lamp bulb. And in the process broke the rear foglights switch on the dash. One might wonder how and why. ;-) They've ordered up a used spare from Ebay and will fit FOC. Should have asked first - I've got several spares.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)