Fitting wheel studs

Not on the fleet but a trailer I'm renovating.

Is it a case of tap in with a mallet? Or pack washers and draw it thorugh with the nut? Don't want to f*ck it up as the Hubs are prehistoric... to replace the hubs will require new suspension units x4... oh joy.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I'm assuming that we're talking splined shank studs here.

Draw them / push them in somehow unless you have the hub off the axle. If you hammer them when the hub is supported by the wheel bearings you risk doing nasties to the bearings.

Reply to
Dougal

A copper mallet is best.

Richard