For an "Unofficial" sometime

Thinks...... trailer...... another project to squeeze through the tunnels...Possibly Percy... cost of the trailer on the Ferry may tip the balance though. Lots of pennies for 5 Nights and ferry prices will be sky rocketing now P&O have cut down on there services (Increased emand on others).

H'mmmm If a roof rack causes issues I supose a 101 Ambi may be out of the question. Discos out (LPG tanks). Rangies Gone.

H'mmmmm

Looks a cracking site though all the same.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

We'd go North Sea Ferries from up here. Its easier, if not cheaper. Zeebrugge is less than an hour from Calais, and the savings in fuel, time and hassle are worth it every time to us

Steve

Reply to
Steve

£529 return Hull Zeebrugge with 4 Berth outside cabin Includes caravan (or trailer with a landy on!)

Couldn't find a 101 option on the drop downs though...odd ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

how about forgetting the off road site and travelling a little further down....

Say, Marseille to Tunis, quick zip along the coast road into Algeria, hop over the border into Morroco, Back over to Malaga and a leisurely pootle up North through the Spanish Interior to Bilbao.... now to work out what would cost more, Ferries or Petrol (Assumes 101) :0)

I already have this seed planted, by the time the 101's ready the kids will be old enough to take the wheel :0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Not possible.

Reply to
Mother

There are deals to be had, but when you figure on 150 quid (or worse) in fuel to Dover, 80 quid in hotel somewhere between here and there quite often, six to eight hours of motoring hell and it doesn't sound so unreasonable. We usually go inside cabin anyway, though we did get upgraded to a suite once. Very plush.

101s fit by the way - we've taken Bob on business once.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

In a cabin, or only the suite?

Reply to
Mother

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:54:41 +0000, Steve scribbled the following nonsense:

Featured in LRO a while back, a D3 just fitted!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:16:29 +0000 (UTC), Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

101 GS with the hood and screens off should be a doddle then...
Reply to
Austin Shackles

And roll bar... Still may be a bit wide tho'.

Reply to
Mother

Surely yon cave like hole can be gardened, like the freshly 101 sized pit at K-Quads (just rebent the light brackets ;-) )

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor