October Unofficial

When - October 27th 28th 29th 2006

Where - Across the sea at Anglesey

How (much)- Depends on what you do but basic off roading one day £23.50 , or two days inc two nights camping £35

What - Offroading, Camping, Tank Driving , Survival , Paintballing etc etc

Why - Why not :-)

I'm sure I can sort a reccie if the interest is sufficent. This is the site that the video earlier in the week which I linked, they have now updated the site as linked above.

Good road access across North Wales, Fantasic scenary. We can always find a freindly camp site if the facilities (shelter, showers) are lacking at this place and your never too far from a beach... Ok it'll be October but at least we can fly a kite.

Thoughts.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Thu, 4 May 2006 18:39:50 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

It's just up the road from Pete's Eats, in Llanberis.

Also in Llanberis, the Dinorwig power station and the electric mountain tour is something I keep meaning to do and never actually achieve.

tours in October by advance booking only and minimum numbers. I'll email and see what "minimum numbers" means...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My mother is from Llanberis!!

I'll try and make it to this, might drag along the local Landy Loons as well (the sensible ones)

Reply to
Pete M

Can one make such a distinction?

Reply to
Dougal

|| When - October 27th 28th 29th 2006 || || Where - Across the sea at Anglesey ||

Sounds good ... count us in.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Thu, 4 May 2006 18:39:50 +0100, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

H'mm about 2 weeks before the bambino is set to arrive, will have to see if I can convince SWMBO.... After all, she may want to pop it out early!!!

May have to give it a miss though :-(

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

You sort the Kettle mount on that brazier and we'll get the towels.... An Unofficial nipper would be a first (well for the group anyway)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On Thu, 4 May 2006 20:08:39 +0100, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

well when we saw the midwife she did offer us a home birth. Will have to go back and tell her we've changed our mind and want a field birth......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Thu, 04 May 2006 19:25:39 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

got an auto-response to the effect that the person who deals with that sort of enquiry is away 'til May the 8th. Still, there's no rush.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The quarries above the station are amazing too, well worth a wander around. My former climbing club has a hut there.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Thu, 04 May 2006 21:23:50 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

Along the lines of the recent unofficial, if it's possible to have tours on Sunday morning, then that's Sunday sorted out :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Legends are made of such events - don't worry, I still have the field first aid kit - with some nice drugs and a sutures kit in it too.

(Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors - "I'm gonna need some gaaaas).

Reply to
Mother

On or around Fri, 05 May 2006 10:39:40 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

hmmmpf. I never saw you offering nice drugs around at the last unofficial.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You should have come to the model village :-)

Reply to
Mother

|| . Dunno if SWMBO would appreciate an audience of AFL nutters though

At least they'd be used to shouting "push, push".

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Fri, 05 May 2006 07:34:50 +0100, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

just imagine, getting the tow rope and pulling it out using a kinetic recovery method!!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Fri, 05 May 2006 10:39:40 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

you and that suture kit.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Whaddya tink to this then? Thought it may be of interest to those less attracted to Camping.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Oooooooo a pub on this one too, Statics and bunkhouses available here..

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I spent an afternoon wandering around the quarries above Dinorwig at Easter, some fantastic stuff to see!. Theres also an interesting quarry over the road as well. If anyone's interested, i'll be happy to show people round the sites i know.

Should be up for attending the unofficial.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J