Freelander?

Ditto. I have a manual 2000 XEi. The engine (1.8 petrol) is a bit gutless, but if I want to go fast I can play with SWMBO's much more sporty car.

As it stands, the hippo is great to drive both on and offroad, though the latter has hardly been hugely demanding, just very dusty:). As I've got a large dog and 'stuff' to haul around, but also have to do some city driving the size is perfect.

Build quality (this one was screwed together in South Africe, I believe) is utilitarian, but better than a Cherokee of similar vintage. The vehicle has coped admirably with the hot summers here in Queensland, Australia, and the only real problem I've had is a perishing rubber seal on the rear door (not one that would allow water into the vehicle).

In fact, the only other problem I can think of is the aforementioned dust. It is proper red outback dust, the consistency of very high grade talcum powder and absolutely impossible to get rid of. I've been trying to wash and vaccuum it out for two years now.

ck

Reply to
Charles Kooij

On or around Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:40:56 +0100, "Dadio" enlightened us thusly:

fine for some things, but the 300 TDi here snakes like a bastard with the big trailer on carrying another disco. Admittedly, we're talking at least 3 tonnes gross trailer weight and the disco to all intents unladen.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"Lee_D" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

He he, what a good idea ;-) Just so bad that Norway is a country with the highest taxes when it comes to importing cars. Maybe I have to move to England?

Camilla

Reply to
Camilla Carcary

skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

He he.

Camilla

Reply to
Camilla Carcary

"Gordoni" skrev i melding news:4310e762$0$12902$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com...

WEll, I have done some thinking, and have decided not to buy a Land Rover at all. Maybe a Honda CR-V, a Nissan Patrol or Suzuki Grand Vitara. It has to be a diesel engine as well.

Camilla

Reply to
Camilla Carcary