Freelander help please

Hi HELP!! Sorry if this Q seems a bit dumb to you (probably is) but I need some expert help asap, I've got the chance to buy a 1999 March registerd 2.0 diesel Freelander which is in excellent condiction with a genuine 22,800 mles,FSH. every thing works and drives well. Price wanted is £7,500 and I need to make my mind up quick or vehicle will go the auction.

Q, how can I tell if Freelander is Di model or Xedi model please as book price varies some what. It's 5 door,no sunroof,no HDC,(no switch on gear lever that I can see). What do you think of price ??any opinions please.

Would like to get something that handles better in ice/snow that my 3.0 24v Vaux Senator,it's hairy :-)

Reply to
ForeverArsenal

How about a waterbed on castors?

Reply to
SimonJ

It doesn't sound like an xedi.

At that age an Xedi would have HDC, and air con IIRC although a 1998 model wouldn't have air con and it could be it's a late registered 1998 model.

The price seems steep to me unless it's a Land Rover assured vehicle ( which I doubt at that age). At auction it'd probably make about 4000 UKP on a good day.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

In news:20040823231405727+ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk, Dave White blithered:

HDC? Heavy Duty Corrosion?

Reply to
GbH
Reply to
ForeverArsenal

It won't really handle better in snow/ice except under acceleration. It may have some more traction as a result of 4 wheel drive, but if anything the roadholding/handling on ice will be worse unless you put non road tyres on and/or use chains, which you could do on the Senator anyway!!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Warner