Freelander starting problem

Hi guys

I posted a few weeks ago about my Freelander TD4 that sometimes won't start.

I think i now have more information.

It failled this evening so i turn the key to the ON position, but not far enought to start. I did this about or seven time and left it in the on position and 10 seconds each time (there was a motor noise from the front of the shen the key was turned to on. Fuel pump?)

After I had done this the car started easily.

An i correct in suspecting that in tank fuel pump is failling, thus when i turnon the ignition time after time, the under bonnet pump is having to build up the fuel pressure on its own?

By the way the fuel tank is full, not below 1/4 as i have read that letting the fuel run low can cause problems when the in tank pump is failing.

Please advice is this new information is helpful.

Thanks

Reply to
Vertuas

When you posted before (12/2/07) I said your symptoms were _very much the same_ as I experienced just prior to in tank fuel pump failure.

I doubt anyone can give a 100% firm diagnosis via the internet for what is _at present_ an intermittent problem. However, if 5/6 weeks on you still have a vehicle that may or may not start, and are nowhere nearer knowing why, maybe the best thing you can do is let those nice people at LandRover plug your car into their diagnostic machine and confirm exactly what the problem is for you. Then you can decide what to do about it ...... either yourself, with them or with someone else.

Richard

Reply to
Richard