FREELANDER stuff ???

Anyone ever tired these things on a Freelander ? :

I'm guessing it's probably a bit of a hype ...and won't do much at all....though it's not much of a lay out....but wouln't won't to harm the vehicle by not understanding what it really does... so if anyone has any experience or advice..please..

Also, have a problem with my tail gate window stiking as it goes down....dealer said it needs a NEW cable....and that will cost AU$700 plus $200 to fit....wow.....$900!!!!!!!!!

Surely there's a way to adjust this...take up the slack with some cable link or something ???

Anyone done this before...?... I'm going to buy the workshop manual...so I can figure out how to get the interior trim off the tailgate....then investigate myself...I know big dealers....don't usually service items like this....anything that is slightly worn....they just replace...easier...and quicker for them....but bloody expensive for the owners.. :(

While I'm at it...if anyone can suggest a good online place for spare parts for my Freelander ( 98 1.8 petrol )..i'm in Australia....though sometimes it's still cheaper to import....

cheers, Brian C

Reply to
Hi-Soft

Forget it, all they do is fool the ECU into supplying more fuel, there is a power increase but the mpg is hit and it caused problems with my 2004 TD4 resulting in the exhaust sensor failing etc!!

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

hmmmm...yeah sounded a bit too good to be true :(

Reply to
Hi-Soft