Freelander : Wow different car

Hello

After getting the fuel pump done the car is more responsive than it ever has been.

I thing one must have bee but whan we got it. Anyway.

I an still disappionted with the sport mode on the auto box as it still doesn't appear to make any difference.

Doe anyone knw how to check that sports mode is gettings selected/isn't selected all then time?

Thanks

Reply to
vertuas

I would test it by accelerating hard from rest noting the rpm point for each gear change. All sport mode usually does is hold onto the gear for longer, changing at higher revs to improve acceleration. it won't magically transform it into a sports car :-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy

On all the wiesels I've driven the Sports Mode button is inccorectly named. I thin it should be Smoke Mode. Must be a James Bond extra ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

LMAO.

A friend of mine has a newer one, and a disco 3 as well. both diesel.

He adament that there is a difference. I dont notice if with ours!

Reply to
vertuas

Even in non sports mode, planting foot to floor causes it to change up almost at the red line. (After a boot down of course)

Driving more gentle and it will change up sooner, about 3000 rpm ish

Sports mode it changes almost at read line with foot firmlt planted, I guess it just doesn't change at the earlier point. It does give semi manual gear selection though. Which is aimed more at proper offroading i guess.

Reply to
vertuas