FS: SWB S2A 1969.Leics. UK.

This is going on Ebay on Sunday, so you've got 2 days before the price shoots up! It is a 1969 2A 'G' reg SWB.Headlamps in wings, hardtop. MOT'd today (30.7.04) Dead reliable 2.25 petrol.Kenlowe fan fitted, though the automatic thermostat may not be working at the mo - the fan was constantly on last time I took it out,this is the temp. probe, which is £28 to replace.

I started a re-wire last year, but have never got round to completely finishing it.Everything worked for the MOT, and the wiring is certainly easier and cleaner than original now, but it does need finishing off to make to really good.It has an alternator. All seats are pretty new, 2 cloth fronts, 1 centre vinyl(all with belts)

1 flip up rear seat on one side, 1 bench seat on the other side in the back.Both pretty new.Carpet in the front, some headlining, and more material to finish the headlining.radio/cassette. All tyres and wheels have done less than 400 miles.It has white 8 spokes, with the bonnet mounted spare being the original wheel.All 4 original wheels are included as well, with tyres with good tread, but they are quite old, so the rubber looks to be perishing.

Numerous new and old/usable spares included. Dynamo/reg box.New clutch slave cylinder, 2 new bearings for the front prop shaft - it has slight play, so could do with changing if you want to use 4wd regularly.Spare rad hoses, 3 or 4 tins of paint (LR green,roof cream and silver) most of a gearbox,original steering wheel,and a pile of other bits and pieces that I have forgotten,inc. both Haynes books. The front suspension and steering was (nearly) all replaced 18 months ago, both swivels/seals/kingpins etc, all steering T.R. ends, new leaf springs. The rear springs are usable, but I'd be replacing them eventually if I was keeping it, if only because new springs are so much more comfortable.

I've hardly touched the paintwork inside, so that will need doing, though some people like the chipped/bare look! The door pillars passed the MOT fine, but 1 side does look like it needs replacing,though it has been like that for the last 2.5 years that I have had it.The chassis has had a number of patches - both front hangars have been replaced, and it had a new rear 1/4 chassis 2 years ago.It seems to me to be fairly solid everywhere.The passenger side footwell has been patched in the distant past, and again, it will need patching/cleaning up eventually - it just looks a little messy from underneath, but seems structurally sound - it wasnt mentioned in the MOT. I've got loads more to add, but cant think of it at the mo, so if you want to know more, then please email me. 2 quick pics here:

£850 if sold this weekend - it'll still need a few odds and ends doing, but is completely usable.On Sunday, it'll be on ebay with a £750 start price. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee