Fuel Gague Series III

Just got a 1979 series III and the speedo is not working, not that i mind cos i'll never got over my limted miles on a classic policy, but the fuel guage don't work, now this is a problem, cos i don't want to get half way across a field and run out of petrol. How can i fix it? or tell how much petrol i got?

Reply to
8unker

Get access to the top of the fuel tank, remove the wire from the sender unit and ground it. If the guage now reads full the problem is in the sender (it will require replacement). If there is no reading on the guage start checking for power to the guage or breaks in the wiring between the sender and the guage.

Reply to
EMB

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com,

8unker blithered:

Carry a spare can?

Reply to
GbH

Mine does not read right very unreliable, my anser is to have a spare Jerry Can and fill up regularly

Reply to
Larry