Fuel Protest

Gordon Brown must be pissing himself laughing at present.

Thousands of cars in long queues to fill up their tank on the most expensive fuel we've ever had - boosting the Government coffers ready for a war with Iran.

Mind, sitting in a queue with the engine running for over an hour must burn a fair bit of fuel too, oh happy daze...

For those of us who (were) going off on holiday 35 minutes ago, the frustration is born of waiting nearly an hour to get into Tesco (not the petrol station, just the store) due to increasingly larger queues of mumtrucks and other assorted sheeplike, parasitic wankers both clogging up the road with their queue for fuel, AND then going into the store to "stock up" on essentials like bread and milk - the majority of which I dare say will end up in the bin as it'll go off...

AAAAAAAARGHHHH....

Reply to
Mother

Don't know what all the fuss is about...all the petrol stations I've driven past over the past couple of days have no queues. And I filled up this morning (car was actually empty, and am going to London later this week) at

94.9p, which is one of the cheapest in the area.
Reply to
Pacman

Was no ques at my local tractor mechanic this morning as I filled up with LPG, 200 miles worth for £20 ta very much.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

As observed on the radio this morning - one station full of cars, idiots queing accross the carrigeway - 1 mile further on, fuel 1p a litre cheaper and not a car in sight!

Lemmings springs to mind.........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Last night round here every petrol station had huge queues. Yet to attempt to buy any today. My car is empty (i decided i'd rather get home yesterday that sit in a queue for hours and risk running out in a queue), and I have half a tank in the landy. Am kind of looking forward to the world grinding to a halt like last time. I thought it was much nicer with less traffic!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Pacman> Don't know what all the fuss is about...all the petrol Pacman> stations I've driven past over the past couple of days Pacman> have no queues.

Oddly, the expensive ones here seem to have large queues, and the cheaper ones seem to have just a couple of cars on the forecourt (and no closed signs).

Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB

I queued for fuel this morning. I was careful not to block the road for any 'shoppers'. Nearly every filling station in my locale is out of fuel. I only know of one selling diesel. I filled my tank and two 20litre 'Jerry' cans too. I use my Landie for work - I'm self-employed. I now have enough fuel for the week, without which I cannot earn a living. If this makes me a 'sheeplike parasitic wanker', then fine! I've been called much worse!

Reply to
90ninety
.

This I'm alright Jack F*ck everyone else attitude is what's making this country into a shit hole anyway.Why fill up with petrol there is no shortage and no-one is going to stop delivering it either. I,m self employed too but if there was no petrol its the same for your customers aswell so you with your full tank can go to work but your customers can't because youvé bought it all so they can't earn any money to pay you.

Can you imagine if we went back to the seventies with Power cuts, strikes etc I don't think the modern Britain would cope.

Have heard we are letting prisoners out to go fill their cars with petrol so they don't have to walk home from the pub!

My view not a personal attack on anyone. Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

Well, I'm also self employed, though 60% of my work is done at home, I saw no need to rush out and fill-up, though I did fill up with LPG just because I like to fill it up when I've got nothing else on as the place I get it from is 12 miles away. Petrol tank is about half full.. Wife filled up last night but only because her car was empty, and when it's empty we fill it up.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

On or around Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:41:10 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

bunch of tossers, innit.

Mind, the "lets not buy fuel" crowd have got it wrong: what's needed is for a substantial part of the population to say "sod it", stay home for a week and decline to go to work, at the same time not buying any fuel from

*anyone*.

but the chances of that happening are about as good as that of Reichschancellor von Braun cutting the fuel tax...

fecking ridiculous, really, to tax fuel so high - and they wonder why there's inflation, and people always wanting higher wages... increased fuel costs affect the price of *everything*, a fact that Brown and his ilk must be aware of and choose to ignore.

Hows about more tax on genuinely unnecessary things like more than one colour telly, more than one video recorder...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:28:22 +0100, "Pacman" enlightened us thusly:

no queues here but prices about 4ppl higher than that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

to "stock up" on essentials like bread and milk - the

At least it's not because some "patriotic" moron has burnt the bread truck like us poor sods in Northern Ireland are having to put up with at the minute.........

The B!"£$%ds burnt my favourite chinese takeaway!!!!!!

You may have seen the ashes (of the takeaway, not some sports trophy!!) on last night's BBC news :-(

Reply to
Martin Edwards

There _are_ people panic buying, therefore the petrol stations _are_ running out of fuel. No fuel in petrol station = local fuel shortage.

This is caused by an organised fuel protest, it's not the breakdown of society. I'm sure everyone will be able to pay their bills next week.

I'm looking forward to a few days of gentle anarchy. Although I am a little worried that the SIII only has quarter of a tank of diesel, how will I drive the baron wastelands like Mad Mad with only quarter of a tank? David

Reply to
DavidM

Good idea! A tax on iPods - on the basis that I'm sick and tired of everyone telling me I "need" one.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

But some of us need to deliver at get deiveries, and banks are not noted being helpful........I'm affraid a whole lot of disruption in persuit of an impossible goal is not very helpful.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

beamendsltd wrote: > But some of us need to deliver at get deiveries, and banks are not noted

Yeah, that's that I was getting at in a confused kind of way. This _is_ happening, however ridiculous the reasons. It is just a normal (justified) reaction to an expected problem. There is nothing to be gained by sitting at home with no fuel, thinking that your actions are teaching the more stupid people (as they drive past with a full tank of fuel). The people with fuel are not necessarily "I'm alright Jack F*ck everyone else" kinds, they just want to avoid the inevitable problems.

The people who left New Orleans by car could have been criticised for blocking the roads and buying all the petrol. The people saying "don't panic, wait for more weather reports, I've seen worse" were not so clever when the winds came.

Reply to
DavidM

Norn Iron is beyond any hope of civilisation and should now be cast adrift in to the Atlantic to become somebody elses problem. If it could be arranged for Liverpool and Scotland to go with it, so much the better.

;-)

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

What's an iPod?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles blithered:

I think the argument goes... tax it till they stop using it. Solve global warming @ a stroke? What happened to the tax differential in favour of unleaded?

Reply to
GbH

In news:dg6ubc$a6b$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk, Martin Edwards blithered:

For us they hijacked the Safeway delivery truck, stripped it then burnt it!

Spent too long in the hospital across the road from your Chinese after my stroke!

I'll repeat something I said in a more light hearted moment/newsgroup.

I was commenting on the Whiterock walk/march/parade/debacle.

'These were the sect that stood accused of civil rights abuses when the 'troubles' started. Don't seemed to have changed much. They claim to be British, about bloody time they started behaving like it!!'

Reply to
GbH