Fuel Protest

It all passes me by at the moment as my landie is going nowhere right now without an engine.

It is a joke, because this fuel shortage is caused by the combination of a natural disaster and the Yanks buying up whatever surplus they can on the european spot market to make good there shortage of refining capacity.

Dropping the price won't make the stuff anymore available.

Reply to
Larry

I don't think you understood what I wroted...

Reply to
Mother - (on the road)

No bread in Tesco! (not that I care, I made some last night, just in case)

Not sure I'd shoot them. Maybe make them EAT all they stockpiled...

Reply to
Mother - (on the road)

We're doing NI next year - been 20 odd years since I was in Belfast and I have a lot of old mates (on both sides) to catch up with.

I got an email yesterday saying something like "small numbers of small minded idiots trying to take a stand. With luck, they'll soon go back to drug running and pimping as normal..."

NI is a very nice part of the world, nobody owns nature.

Reply to
Mother - (on the road)

Yes but its a huge con we are a net exporter of petrol we are not short of fuel .The increases are down to the folk who drill and pump the crude out of the grown seeing a way of a quick profit ( talking up a shortage) and according to the petrol companies thats not down to them who refine and supply . my arse its the same people just different divisions and the profits go to the same shower. Billy Liar and his Brownosed assistant are sitting on their hands and making speeches say something must be done newsflash- doing something is what they are grossly overpaid for (not) doing get on with it or sod off.

anyhoo I was looking at Anchor again

seem to have a few engines about what are you looking for Larry just incase I stumble on one (HEY LEE theres a S1 nice project mate lol) in thepeak district Derek

Reply to
Derek

"Colonel Tupperware" opened his gaping trap and let his guts rumble without putting his brain in gear, and spewed forth the following racist insult (Grin)

OY! That's a declaration of war, ye southern lager-swilling poofter! WTF has Scotland done to you? ;-) Badger.

Reply to
Badger

LA LA LA ............ LA LA LA I'M NOT READING.... LA LA LA...

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

"Pacman" wrote after...

94.9p is the unleaded price around here at all the Petrol Stations, there are queues and some stations have sold out but I filled up this morning with only two cars in front of me, couple of decent journeys to do later this week so it's a concern. Seen Diesel at 99.9p in some stations but 96.9p seems more normal.
Reply to
Bob Hobden

In article , Lee_D writes

Fine, but they have got just the thing to get you to the front of the filling station queue quickly...

... don't say nobody told you it was there when it's gone :)

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Bagpipes? ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Shit, forgot about them. Ok, you've got me on that one! Suppose that makes us even for lager.... hahaha. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

H'mm it's a bit small! I'm sure our kids Action man one is larger.

Is the plan to drive under the queue?

;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:15:57 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

still no queues today. But I did go and fill the motors up. The minibus was due filling anyway, the LR was more of a "just in case" for next weekend when I'm planning on taking it down to sarf whales. This weekend nothing much planned.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In article , Lee_D writes

"Sorry, didn't notice the queue guv'nor - I was too busy reloading."

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

his

Mcewans Lager thats reason enough ! pint of export for me ya hairy hibernian Derek

Reply to
Derek

Ah, but doesn't that come from Scottish & Newcastle brewers, who are (funnily enough) English? On the other hand, I can offer no excuses for Tennants Lager, I merely apologise unreservedly! If you want a real decent "commercial" pint (not cask ale or fancy frothy dishwater like wot they serve in somerset!) then try Belhaven Best. It's very, very drinkable!! Hic! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

let

Liverpool

Isat right? no unless Edinburgh has been moved S+N head office and a brewery or two are up the city they dont even have a brewery in Newscastle

Derek

Then I apologise for the misinformation, I was once told that they were an english owned company! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

so beamendsltd was, like...

Lulu?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Right enough, probably german owned by now they seem to have bought pretty well everything else including the company I work for! as long as the gaffer wore a sporran to the last wedding it cant matter can it? and I still think that Mcewans export is the real stuff although if you are paying 80/- will do Derek

Reply to
Derek