G-WAC Discovery

Hi folks, does anyone know the sequence of numbers used for the press fleet vehicles at the launch of the Discovery?

Reply to
SteveG

All of the following wisdom is taken from the UK-LRO list archive I have here following asking a similar question last year:

"The first pre-production prototype registered for the road was C60 JKG.

I would imagine that the first few production Discoverys would have been registered as a batch, so it would be hard to know which was the 'first' in the batch. I believe there were about 30 G WAC Discoverys in total including G482WAC, G484WAC, G485WAC and G486WAC."

"If you are looking for VERY early then this may be the winner

A 1988 prototype with "c" plate to hide its identity from casual observers"

Reply to
Mother

I can't find anything on-line, but the mags cover the G-WAC's about every 20 mins..... perhaps one of their site can give a pointer to a back-issue?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Ah, good idea Richard. Now why did I just take almost 300 old LR mags to the local tip? I knew I'd need them ... eventually :-)

Reply to
SteveG

|| Ah, good idea Richard. Now why did I just take almost 300 old LR || mags to the local tip? I knew I'd need them ... eventually :-)

Taking anything Landy-related to the tip triggers a signal in the ether which nudges the karma flow to produce a need for said item within 24 hrs. Works for me with old body panels, magazines, rusty brake discs, lengths of exhaust and even old nuts and bolts. Every time.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother" was C60 JKG.

I think I know someone with a G-WAC Discovery, or rather I know someone who's until very recently had an early Disco which I'm sure used to have a G-WAC plate on.

Just out of interest, my Rangey's original plate was D86 DDU, which I'm pretty sure was a press / demo reg.

Reply to
Pete M

Well, a couple of series doors went t'other day too. If I have a need for them in the next week or two something will have gone seriously wrong ... I sold the 2a yonks ago :-)

All of the above said whilst touching wood, of course.

Reply to
SteveG

In news:tu4bg.166939$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Pete M waffled on in a semi-interesting fashion, it went something like this;

Reply to
Pete M

Que purchase of "must have" condition 2a requiring only..... doors.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Fri, 19 May 2006 09:59:40 +0100, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

or someone popping up saying "anyone got any series II doors for sale?"

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Bugger off ... the pair of you :-))

Reply to