Gatso dtectors ?

I have never been Gatsoed. I think they are hard to miss. In fact I have no points on my licence whatever in more than 20 years driving.

Reply to
Larry

You are so so clever and we all really admire you, and want to be just like you but we're just so crap! Help us!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I used to have a car like that too.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

and you could try growing up!, half the cameras out there are nothing more than revenue raisers carefully placed with totally unjustified drops in speed limit that are designed to be missed. The wide open A road that drops to 50 just around a blind bend is a classic example.

The latest they've come up with around here is dropping a 60 to 30 a ridiculous 3 miles either side of the entrance to a building site in the middle of the countryside! The temporary repeater signs are mostly long gone (it's been in place for the best part of a year) so if you miss the one temporary sign in the middle of nowhere, or foolishly think you've passed the restriction, the copper who regularly hides in a side road with his camera gets another brownie point. It's no problem for locals of course but designed to reap a tidy profit from the weekend tourists, even though the site is closed at the weekend!.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Larry uttered summat worrerz funny about:

.... and having concluded the section on "How to make friends and influence people" we will be moving on to "400 ways to guff in an elevator whilst eating raw sprouts"

Reply to
Lee_D

Larry uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Not as long as theres a hole in my arse.

Reply to
Lee_D

Touch wood please Ian

- only 20 years Larry ? pah come back in another 10 and do it with a mileage around 60,000/pa. The trouble with speed limits is that they are a milch cow, there is no excuse for poor signage if you intend to enforce a SL with a camera, on unfamiliar roads do you ever see a camera and think have I passed a limit sign and not seen it? Hidden cameras are they a deterrent ? there are plenty about -run down the A56 into Altrincham and try and spot the camera hidden in the bushes or ones behind signs

Derek gatso- better when crispy

I in no way endorse the practice of pyrotechnically modifying traffic cameras

Reply to
Derek