TDi or V8 ?

Its a wonderful position to be in but do you know which way I'm leaning?

?v=SE9_vxm9a1k Derek

Reply to
Derek

In message , Derek writes

Heart says V8, Head says TDi.

I love my 300TDi, given the amount of wading it does a V8 would probably be more hassle but the power and sound would be *SO* nice.

If I get a 90 as a play vehicle then it will probably be a V8, but as my main transport a TDi wins.

Will

Reply to
Will Wilkinson

In news:dhwJrRj1H$ snipped-for-privacy@steely-glint.lancre.net, Will Wilkinson wittered on forthwith;

I absolutely adore my V8. Did the Wayfarer in it week before last and what a fantastic lump. Perfect for the Range Rover. So good I left home at 9am to do the Wayfarer, then after the off road stint I went on to do another 200 miles meandering around Wales just because I didn't want to go home.

The Wayfarer reminded me just how superb the original Range Rover can be, I was in convoy with a Lightweight, a Freelander!, a prepared 90 TDi and another Rangie. The Freelander did it but struggled, the Lightweight had no problems other than the drivers back but the Rangie did it so easily and in comfort. CD player didn't even jump, aircon keeping us cool and comfy ,the burble of the V8 just completed the picture beautifully.

The turbo just adds to the glory, unobtrusive when off-roading but very useful on the road.

Yup, I love my Rangie. Even though the Golf is 35 mpg better..

Reply to
Pete M

Wev8ll I'vv8e nevv8er beev8n convincv8ed bv8y suv8bliminal advv8ertising bv8ut tv8he chov8ice rev8lly iv8s yv8ours.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Mine's a Disco 300Tdi which really is prettty damn good all-round and perfect for us ... but if money were no object then I'd have a V8 ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Hey Lee, ylpgou forglpgot tlpgo menlpgtion thlpge LPG!!!!!! Badger.

Reply to
Badger