Good price for 1957 LR

I was impressed to see a 1957 Landy diesel go for =A38600 on eBay today (item 230130522022). It looks like an excellent vehicle, but I didn't realise prices had reached that sort of level.

Steve (Cheshire)

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

Steve (Cheshire)

Surprising what landy's do fetch that particular one no doubt cost around the figure to rebuild to that level and looked worth the money IMO. This one which I didn't get home in time to bid on again ( being £30 shy on my first bid ) is firmly at the other end of the spectrum could have cost me about the same had I wanted to go to that level item # 150121851833 Derek

Reply to
Derek

Thats one hell of a lot of money, I don't even care to think what I have spent on my series 3 and will spend, but I think that a 57 pile of junk is a rusting heap of nasty chassis and all the rest of it, you don't wanna spend big money on buying a liability cos the expence will come anyway, it's an addiction

Reply to
Larry

Interesting - one here failed to get a bid on ebay with a reserve of only $800. I had a look at it, completely rust free, one owner, pretty original, but a bit knocked about.

JD

Reply to
JD

On or around 22 May 2007 13:18:41 -0700, Cheshire Steve enlightened us thusly:

it's a bloody silly price for a non-standard vehicle though. I'd quite expect a standard SI to fetch that much or more, in that condition. But this one is a bitsa, albeit a very nice well-sorted bitsa. Also looks to have SIII brake and clutch pedals.

It's basically a SIII with a SI body.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've seen a standard S1 in brand-new condition on sale for £15,000 in a classic car mag, never noticed if it actually sold or not.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings