Grease Gun.

This isn't off-topic, (honest!) as I'm sure you've all got a grease gun to lube those prop shafts up.

Well I've just bought one, and I'm having a little difficulty understanding the instructions, and I wondered if anyone could perhaps translate for me.

The instructions are as follows..........

IMPORTANT

  1. If the way of Cartridge Loading to be used, it could be cause Rubber Plunger transfigure and contract by squeezed long time which inside of grease cartridge, and by soak of grease a certain period.
  2. At this moment, if change the loading way to Dispenser Loading or Bulk Loading, and then, there is a normal phenomenon that have a little amount grease is possible seep out from the bottom of Container Tube.
  3. In order to avoid the above phenomenon happened, please decide use long period and a proper loading way initially(depending on the variety of grease that your local supplier applied) and use incessantly.
  4. And now, puzzle of grease leakage been settled.

Don't you just love our little Taiwanese friends!

Reply to
SimonJ

Load by hand or by the little nipple by the plunger for a few loads. Cartriges does the plunger no favours. More grease may leak past the plunger initially so avoid filling the gun fully for a few weeks or fills. Avoid overfilling by way of the nipple or pulling the plunger too far when loading manually or with cartridge, otherwise the plunger spring may become tangled and therefore not push the plunger against the grease.

Ideally use greasgun daily.

Their English is dire but their logic is impeccable.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

On or around Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:46:57 +0000 (UTC), "SimonJ" enlightened us thusly:

I'd say they're telling you that if you use it for a long time with cartridges, you'll cause seal on the plunger to become smaller, and then if you change to bulk loading, it'll leak. so decide if you want bulk or cartridge in the beginning.

Reply to
Austin Shackles