Happy Birthday

The most childish, maybe...

[door open, coat on...]
Reply to
Mother

I saw that Martyn. Wait untill your Auto box blows up, I shall laugh at you.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:05:26 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

they don't normally. I did have a highish-mileage one that burnt out it's "A" clutch, such that it would only go backwards.

if anyone wants it, it's still here, free to good home etc. but it'll need a rebuild.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

By far the most common is seals going, followed by shedding clutchs/bands, although I have seen an auto box which blew with such force that it split the casing open....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:25:05 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

mine just developed clutch slip and then declined to go forwards. I did contemplate driving it home in reverse, but then decided that was a tad silly as it was about 8 miles of twisty lanes.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Me too!! Beer was consumed while camping.

Born on 13th August 1965, a Friday...

Reply to
Simon Barr

I'm interested in it.... do you have a palette it could be strapped to ?

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

On or around Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:32:58 +0000 (UTC), Dave White enlightened us thusly:

I could find one. It's minus the torque converter too, and hasn't got a transfer box any more. If you have the other bits and the ability to rebuild it with new clutches, it was working fine before it ate the clutch. I suspect it'd had a fairly hard life, the fluid that came out of it when I got it and changed the fluid was pretty dark.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Kin eck... Three of us born on 13th August?

Some may see a conspiracy developing...

Reply to
Mother

in article cfnbsa$t7s$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com, Richard Brookman at snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote on 15/8/04 10:54 am:

Bruce would have a 1951 Series l for the same reason.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

bl**dy kids

how about 1962...............

Reply to
Denis F

I once met someone born the same day and year as me but his parents were a superstitious and registered his birth as Thursday the 12th.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Mother"

Reply to