Headlamp Alignment

I have changed the headlamp units (including the bowls) in my 1990 Defender 110.

I have the Defender Rave manual for the 90, but on the diagram that shows beam spacing and height off the ground of the beams, the critical dimensions are missing! Can anybody help please?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

The height should be 1-2" lower than the height of the centre of the headlamp on the vehicle. Distance between the beams should be the same as the distance between the centres of the headlamps. Setting is done with the headlamps on main beam. It helps to have an assistant stand in front of the headlamp which is not being adjusted, makes it easier to see the adjustment on the one which is being done.

Bear in mind that if the vehicle has been lifted, then the headlamps will need to be set lower. A usefull reality check is when driving behind a "normal" height hatchback/estate car, your dipped beams should not be above the bottom edge of the rear screen - otherwise the driver in front will be being dazzled by your headlamps in his rear view mirror.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Hi Pete

Take it down to a M.O.T. Service Centre &Do the Job Professionally

All the Best Skinty

Reply to
skinty