headlights.

can anyone help with the dimensions for a headlight alignment / adjustment board for ex mod 1981 series 3 lwb.

Reply to
mike sobota

...and mike sobota spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

I have always used the garage doors. Drive right up, mark the lamp centres with a felt pen, reverse in a straight line 10m or so, make the dots on the doors into crosses. When night falls, switch the lights on and aim the flat edge of the dipped beam just below the horizontal line. This should put the main beam centres exactly on the centre of the crosses. Play until happy. I've done many vehicles like this, and I've never failed an MoT on beam alignment yet!

HTH

Reply to
Richard Brookman

find some flat ground with a wall. pull-up right ot the wall with main beam on and draw big crosses where the middle of the beams are. reverst 20 or 30 feet or so and then fiddle the screws so the beam points at the middle of the crosses. thats a pretty good rough estimate.

-- Mark.

"nec aspera terrent"

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

Is easy. measure the height of the centre of the headlamp from the ground, and measure the distance between the centres of the headlamps. Make crosses on a wall the correct distance apart, and the height of the headlamps up from the ground. The vehicle should now be positioned about 25ft away from the marks (on level ground), with the centre of the vehicle in the centre of the two marks (ie the marks represent the position of your headlamps if they were attached to the wall, not your car)

Now adjust the headlamps so that the MAIN beams are aligned with the vertical marks of the crosses, but with the centre spot of the beam

2inches below the horizontal lines of the crosses.

Diagram as follows:

The diagram shows one headlamp, just apply the procedure to both headlamps.

Alex

Reply to
Alex