Heater Matrix

Does anybody know where I can get a decent condition heater matrix for an 82 RRC? Mine gave up the ghost the other night and I really would like a heater in the car.

Would it be worth my while considering fitting aircon, and is this a doable retrofit?

For details have a look at:

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

(Warren). He knows many people, and he is a Yorkshireman so knows a good deal and won't rip you off. He may very well have a matrix in his large 'shedfullofreallyhandyatsomepointbits'

I was told a few hours ago that I should be classed as an 'honorary' Yorkshireman as I'm tighter than any Scot (?) 'tint true, mind. :-)

Retro-fit aircon kits may be similar to those for the Discovery, i.e., 'kin expensive and nowhere as good as the factory fit. I've looked into this a bit for our Disco and also for Grumble. In the case of the latter, I'm not going for a totally different solution (no, not just keeping the windows open) of a component based kit from many different suppliers (the setup for Grumble is based on a rooftop cooler van - meat mover type jobbie, but I'm sure that you could find something similar for the Rangie if you looked around - if you see what I mean... It's late...) Remember also that the Mini had a very (very) good aftermarket slimline aircon unit which was easily efficient enought for a Rangie or Disco - you just need the compressor

- which should be easily available from many scappies.

I'd certainly give Warren a call first, in any case, though.

Reply to
Mother

...Consult the Oracle. The red pill or blue pill?

:)

Reply to
Dan

I did consult him and got "Ah think ah got one of those. Let me know when you're comin' so's ah can split it from 'fan. £25"

Now I need to get up to Sheffield on a weekday. Should be doable.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Kin eck - that's almost a 'conversation' - he must like you...

Let me know if you do, I'm only 50 yards away from Warrens place.

Reply to
Mother

Let me guess....

He moved his workshop to be nearer his income source? ;@)