HELP 110 1998 CSW Speedo kaput ??

I have an MOT on Monday and have just noted the speedo is playing up.

Reads as I speed up but seems reluctant to return to any reading below

30mph, it does when I rap it with my knuckles, at standstill, though. It seemed to catch when I sped up and jerked up to the correct speed when I hit it again.

Also seems as if the trip reading is going up in weird amounts ie 20mls for a 2ml distance.

I have booked for a replacement as I was told it is not an MOT failure but don't want to be caught by some jobsworth in a jacket.

Am I missing something or can I attack it with a tool to fix it ( 105 howitzers excuded though :-)) )

Reply to
Hirsty's

The speedo is not part of the test if the tester tries to tell you it is ask him to show you what it says in the manual

Andy -- SWB Series 2a ( dressed as a 3) "Bruce" It's big it's mean it's really really green

Reply to
Andy.Smalley